Over the course of over four years, I managed a 24-hour social media content publishing program for DC Entertainment, including its DC Comics, Vertigo Comics and DC Collectibles brands.
The program started out relatively small with roughly 3 million fans across nine different networks. Over the course of our management that grew to over 35 million fans and expanded to include 20 different profiles across several networks. It included not only daily publishing but also live coverage of events like San Diego Comic-Con.
2-3 junior staff who were responsible for drafting content, curating stories, creating reports and more.
Audience acquisition and engagement, e-commerce sales, breaking news timeliness and more.
Twitter (3), Facebook (13), Instagram (1), Vine (1), Pinterest (1), YouTube (1) and more.
The DC Entertainment program was unique and large-scale. It encompassed not just sharing links from the on-site blog but also third-party sites where interviews, previews and other news was shared. That required constant monitoring of RSS, search alerts and social media to be timely.
An important part of the program was the tone and voice of the posts. That started out very dry but soon evolved to take on a more informal, conversational tone. The shift resulted in a sharp spike in engagement, which consistently remained above industry averages.
A daily editorial calendar was managed through Google Sheets, which allowed for collaborative curation, writing and editing. Shoutlet was used as a publishing CMS and program reporting was done through SimplyMeasured.
- Launch of The New 52 in 2011
- Launch of Before Watchmen in 2012
- Launch of DC You in 2015
- Support for The Dark Knight Rises theatrical release
- Support for Man of Steel theatrical release
- Support for TV shows including Arrow, The Flash, Constantine, Supergirl, Gotham and more
- Launch of DC All Access in 2014
- Live coverage of San Diego Comic-Con 2011 – 2015
- Live coverage of New York Comic-Con 2011 – 2015
- Live coverage of other events like WonderCon, C2E2 and more