Whether you’re looking for a writer who can handle blog posts or website copy or someone to help guide your content strategy, I have the experience you’re looking for and am available for your project.
Outside of those specifics, what I bring to every project is an off-kilter point of view. That’s helped me not only push client projects in unexpected directions but also identified potential problems before they become reality.
Services and Rates
The experience I’ve accumulated allows me to offer a wide range of services to my freelance clients. If you don’t see something listed below, feel free to contact me to discuss.
- Writing – Blog posts / Articles: $40/hour
- Writing – Technical Writing: $50/hour
- Writing – Web Content: $40/hour
- Writing – Social Content: $30/hour
- Writing – White Papers: $50/hour
- Writing – Marketing Emails: $40/hour
- Writing – Brochures and Collateral: $35/hour
- Writing – Ebooks: $50/hour
- Editorial – Editing / Proofreading: $50/hour
- Strategy – Audience Research : $45/hour
- Strategy – Stakeholder Interviews: $45/hour
- Strategy – Content Calendar Development: $40/hour
- Strategy – Style Guide Development: $50/hour
- Strategy – Owned Media Audit: $40/hour
- Strategy – Competitor Owned Media Audit: $40/hour
These hourly rates are based on my 15+ years of experience with content and social media marketing programs, my skills as a writer and my ability to turn around clean copy quickly. They reflect not only the time spent writing and creating but also researching and collecting the necessary information.
I prefer to work with hourly rates because it allows me to more effectively and fairly bill my time. In my experience flat fees mean I don’t fully communicate my value and you don’t understand the full costs of the requests you’re making.
- Standard delivery window is seven business days.
- Expedited delivery = standard rate plus 15%.
- Discounts are available for clients signing two or more months of work on a single contract or who hire me for two or more services on a single contract.
- At project inception, a scope of work will be provided that lists deliverables, the work necessary, agreed-upon rates and a timeline for completion. Any changes to this initial scope will require a change order and may incur additional charges.
- Invoices will be sent at the end of the month or, if requested, upon completion of the project.
- Payment is expected within 30 days of the invoice being received unless otherwise specified. Payment will be accepted by check, direct deposit, PayPal or Venmo, with the method specified at the project’s outset.
Over the years I’ve had the chance to use a variety of project management tools, communications systems, publishing platforms and more. If you’re wondering how I work, though, these are the tools I use most regularly on a daily basis.
- Google Suite – Gmail (personal email), Google Docs/Sheets (writing and tracking).
- Feedly – RSS subscriptions for news tracking.
- Pocket – Integrated with Feedly to save articles and posts for later reading and referencing.
- WordPress – Publishing personal blogs.
- Tweetdeck – Regular Twitter reading and engagement.
- Hootsuite – Scheduling posts for later publishing on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- And Co – Client invoicing.
- Contently – Freelance portfolio.
- Evernote – Note taking and archiving.