- I totally missed this “Rick and Morty” short that was created to promote the movie. It’s great.
- Jenni Spinner (a freelancer I’ve worked with) alerted me to this story about a “Thank You!” message that appeared before the movie, patting audiences on the back for actually coming to see the movie in theaters.
- Director James Mangold released a short black-and-white trailer for the “Logan Noir” version of the movie that’s getting limited release this weekend and which will appear on specific home video editions.
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
- The internet has been awash with “Why King Arthur Bombed” hot takes, but this one resonated with me. It not only spoke to who directors who make a stylish, notably creative debut are often then watered down by studios but also was handicapped by the desire to use it as the first in a whole series of films from the outset.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Director James Gunn shared one of the faux movie posters that appear briefly in the film featuring Nathan Fillion as Simon Williams in a variety of roles. This brings some fan set pictures that popped up a while ago full circle and explains just what Gunn had in mind for Fillion.