- A really interesting op-ed at The Ringer about how the really weird expectations for Ghostbusters are informing the (reported, not confirmed) reality that it won’t get a sequel because the movie didn’t shatter records. I firmly believe the same narrative plays out much differently for movies with a male cast all the time since they’re not held to such off-kilter standards.
- IGN recaps some of the footage in the trailers that didn’t make it into the finished movie.
Hell or High Water
- Owen Glieberman ponders the same question that was hopefully asked by the movie’s marketing team, which is what audience is there for an original story featuring morally questionably characters that make the viewer think about real life issues?
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- The team at Zuum Social dug deep into Pepsi’s social media activities in support of their co-branded campaign for the movie.
Kubo and the Two Strings
- Director Travis Knight – who also happens to be Laika’s CEO – talked here about the movie’s inspiration and his personal connection with the material among other topics.