Before I get into this link round-up, let me just say that if I read one more story like this or this about what a great pitchman Peyton Manning is, it’s going to end badly. He won’t be so great in those ads after Urlacher rips his arms off this Sunday.
- Microsoft, despite having an operating system it’s launching and a $500 million budget for said launch, will not be buying a Super Bowl spot.
- In addition to the ads and the game, there’s also food to think about when watching the Super Bowl.
- Let’s be honest – If the ads haven’t made you at least a little uncomfortable they probably haven’t done their job.
- BusinessWeek goes behind the scenes of GM’s development of the “fired robot” spot they created for the game.
- Max Kalehoff asks a good question: Will media coverage of the Boston marketing SNAFU overshadow the media coverage of the Super Bowl ads themselves?
- According to the Chicago Tribune, the ads during the game are kind of a bid deal. I did not know that.
- MediaPost wraps-up some of the sites to watch postgame.